Scheduled Post 2
I really struggle with dry lips, which eventually makes me pick them (sexy, I know) and just makes them look 100x worse. So I was looking around for suggestions of how to make them better, and found this lips scrub by Lush. They say it 'clears dead skin and flakiness from lips, leaving them moisturised and smooth', which is exactly what I needed. I've always gone straight for Vaseline, but thinking about it now, it makes more sense to remove the dead skin first and then sooth them with Vaseline after. This lip scrub is £5.25 which isn't too bad, but I'd still rather spend a fiver on clothes or shoes, especially as I can make one myself!
Which leads me on to this DIY project. I looked up how to make a home made lip scrub and it came up with lots of different ways but I decided to take a bit of information from a few and make up my own. I chose to use sugar, Vaseline, water and lavender essence. Here's how I did it.
1) Empty and clean out an old small pot.
2) Measure out the sugar by pouring it into the pot.
3) Remember to leave a little bit of space for other ingredients otherwise the mix wont fit back into the pot.
4) Pour measured sugar into a larger bowl and add 1 teaspoon of Vaseline.
5) Heat in microwave for 1 minute, stirring at 20 second intervals.
6) Add 1 teaspoon of water and mix until it makes paste like texture (there may be a few lumps of Vaseline as I found it doesn't smooth out completely, but just mix until it's as much of a paste as you think it can get).
7) Add essence of choice if you so wish, mix up again and place back into the pot.
And there you have it! A really simple way to make your own lip scrub. Not only does it smell gorgeous (if you used an essence), it tastes delicious too as it's so sugary! I would recommend shaking the pot before use as the liquids like to separate, but go back easily with a little shake. Please let me know if you decide to make some! Tweet me a picture @alexmaceachern as I'd love to see how others' turn out!